What Irish Whiskey will not cure...there is no cure for.
By: Christy Jobman
Whiskey enthusiasts, rejoice! Your favorite local Irish bar, the Dubliner, located in the Old Market, is pulling out all the stops to impress the whiskey drinkers of Omaha.
The Dubliner just released two specialized flights of whiskey and the shots are a flowin’! Whether you take your whiskey neat, on the rocks or mixed, these flavors are sure to impress. Celebrate happy hour with the Dubliner and get your hands on some of these exclusive whiskeys. Indulge – it’s summertime and you deserve it!
The first flight offers the ever-popular Jameson brand, Paddy’s and Powers, including:
- Jameson Original, a whiskey so smooth, versatile and balanced, you won’t need a chaser. Floral aromas with a wonderful balance of spice, nut and vanilla.
- Jameson Black Barrel gets its name from additional charring process it undergoes when triple distilled. With this whiskey, you’ll get the same traditional Original smoothness with enhanced spice, nut and vanilla flavors.
- Jameson Caskmates if you enjoy milk chocolate, butterscotch, subtle hops and cocoa beans, this stout finished whiskey was made for you. This whiskey is touted one of the most unique of the Jameson line.
- Paddy’s, another house favorite, is matured for up to seven years. This whiskey is exceptionally mellow, with mild wood flavors.
- Power’s, a noteworthy whiskey, is recognized by whiskey connoisseurs as a whiskey of superior quality. Catch cinnamon, apple, pear and charred oak flavors in this fantastic blend.
The second flight houses Redbreast 12 & 15 Year, Green Spot and Powers Signature
- Redbreast 12 Year has been a favorite since its grand appearance in the early 1900s, and these folks knew their whiskey. These incredible, complex flavors linger on the palette for a long, strong, smooth finish.
- Redbreast 15 year is a style of whiskey unique to Ireland. It is full and rich with a complex and balanced mix of berry fruits.
- Green Spot whiskey takes you on a journey through an impressive flavor spectrum. Enjoy flavors from sweet vanilla all the way to warming charred oak all in one sip.
- Powers 12YR Signature Release, batched under the eye of Powers Master Blender, is nothing short of amazing, offering flavors of honey, nutmeg, black pepper, berry fruits and so much more!
These mouth-watering whiskeys will impress novice whiskey drinkers and connoisseurs alike. The Dubliner is open everyday from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. On Sunday’s they open at 1 p.m., so stop by, cure that hangover with a good old fashioned “Sunday” fun-day and take yourself on a “flight” to happiness. In addition to bragging rights once you complete these two flights, you will receive a Dubliner exclusive bag!