HopCat 10th ANNIVERSARY PARTY
Saturday, January 20th @ 11AM/ALL DAY
This year we're celebrating the HopCat family's 10th anniversary on Saturday, January 20th.
We'll start the party at 11am with FREE CRACK FRIES, 10 beers - including many never-brewed-before exclusives, and of course, the annual Crack Fries Eating Contest at 3pm.
1. Saugatuck - The Ghost of Neapolitan (HopCat Exclusive) - 6% - White Stout w/ Strawberry, Vanilla, & Chocolate
2. Lagunitas - Fusion 48 - 7% - New England Style IPA
3. New Holland - Cherry Burst Barley Feline (HopCat Exclusive) - 11.5% - Bourbon BA Barleywine w/ Dark Cherries
4. Nebraska Brewing Co. - ??? - ?% - New England Style IPA
5. Bell's Brewery - Wild One - Oak BA American Wild Ale - 6.6%
6. COOP Ale Works - Territorial Reserve - Oak BA Imperial Stout - 9%
7. Odell Brewing Co. - Pyrus & Prunus - 9%
8. Upstream Brewing Co. - 20 Years Heavy - Rye Whiskey BA Scotch Ale - 12.6%
9. Clown Shoes Brewing Co. - The Barista - American Oatmeal Brown Ale w/ Espresso & Lactose - 8.5%
10. Bell's Brewery - Arabicadabra - Coffee Milk Stout - 5.5%
Free Crack Fries:
We're giving away free Crack Fries from 11a to 5p with any purchase. One order per person.
Crack Fries Eating Contest:
Come 3pm, we'll be hosting a Crack Fries eating contest. There's a $5 entry fee that will be matched by HopCat with all proceeds being donated to Capital Humane Society. Contestants must sign up in advance, either by email, by phone, or in person by 2:30pm on January 20th. To sign up, contact our General Manager, Joe Raimi, at JRaimi@hopcat.com or call 402-971-0700, or sign up in person at the restaurant by asking your server/bartender.
Once the contest begins, you'll have six minutes to eat as many Crack Fries, by weight, as you can. The 1st Place winner will receive a HopCat prize package valued at $500 and the chance to compete for the grand prize - $2,000 and eternal glory as they're pitted against the other HopCat locations' winners in the World Championship Crack Fries Eating Contest at the 2018 Michigan Brewer's Guild Summer Beer Festival in Ypsilanti.
If you don't want to subject your stomach to that, you can just come and hang out, drink a beer, get some food and enjoy the festivities.
In addition to a $500 prize package, the first-place winner will be provided with a travel voucher to help cover the costs of getting to the 2018 Summer Beer Festival.
2nd place winner gets a HopCat prize package valued at $100.
3rd place winner gets a HopCat prize package valued at $25.
4th place has to sit on the bar while everyone
points and laughsnot reallymaybe.
10 years strong! Since opening our original location in Grand Rapids, MI in January 2008, we've been on an unending quest to ensure that our beer selection is the best in the world. We're listed as one of the Top 50 bars in the US by Draft Magazine. But that's just the start: Beer Advocate Magazine has ranked us as the #3 Beer Bar in the world, and CraftBeer.com has rated us among the Top 5 beer bars in the U.S. 2012-2014. We're humbled by the response that craft beer lovers all over the world have shown to our philosophy, and are truly grateful for the simple fact that we are lucky enough to be anchored in the Midwest, where craft beer is a way of life.