The Canwood Derby is back!!
Join us on February 22nd for our 5th Annual Canwood Derby, a fun evening of craft beer and canwood derby racing!!
Craft Beer Canwood Derby is sponsored this year by the following breweries:
Founders Brewing Co. • Goose Island Brewery • Oskar Blues Brewery • Ska Brewing
There are two different racing divisions; 12oz and 16oz craft beer can racers, you may use either a 12oz or 16oz craft beer can. You can alter the can but you must use the whole can. Make your craft beer derby car at home, and bring it for the race!
Pinewood Derby Kits are available at Canfield's Sporting Goods or the Boy Scouts of America, Mid-America Council. Each car must use and follow the requirements set with an official pinewood derby kit plus use a complete craft beer can in the construction of your Canwood Derby racer!
• Check in will start at 6pm with the first heat at 7pm
• This year you may Pre-Check in your racers by emailing your Name & Division to Kandace.G@BeerCornerUSA.com
• Cars cannot weigh over 6 ounces and must be built using an entire American Craft Beer Can.
• No domestic (Bud, Coors, Miller, etc.) or imported cans will be allowed.
• All cars must pass inspection to qualify for the race. Inspection will begin at 6pm and will end ten minutes prior to the start of the competition.
• No can cars may be altered after passing inspection.
· The maximum overall length shall not exceed 7 inches.
· The maximum overall width (Including wheels and axles) shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
· The minimum width between the wheels shall be 1 ¾ inches so the car will clear the center guide strip on the track.
· The can must have 3/8" clearance underneath the body.
· The can may be shaped any way you want.
· The can must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
· No liquids or loose materials of any kind are permitted in or on the car.
• If a car jumps the track or leaves its lane, the race will be run again. If the same car jumps the track or leaves its lane a second time, that car will automatically lose that race.
• If a car becomes damaged and can be repaired in a reasonable amount of time (a few minutes) the race will be run again. If not, the damaged car will automatically lose that race.
Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each division!
Now get to building!!!