Pre-Registration until July 1st - http://www.1320video.com/product/ice-cream-cruise-2018-pre-registration/
Questions/Issues with pre-registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will offer pre-registration at Stereo West Auto Toys later as well!
-- Car Show & Spectator entry can be purchased at the gate (Cash Only) day of!
-- No "registration" is needed for the car show other than purchasing admission and being parked within the hours listed below in the car show details
The Ice Cream Cruise is for EVERYONE! Young, old, families, domestic fans, import fans, trucks, bikes, you name it! Presented by 1320Video.com & Stereo West Auto Toys, we kick off the weekend with a MASSIVE car show like no other on a 2 mile long road course at Raceway Park of the Midlands on Saturday afternoon. Saturday night we hold our "not so much prep" race on the I29 Dragway 1/8 mile, followed by a day full of racing all day Sunday! We had well over 12,000 people come to the event last year, and expect this year to be even bigger! All of our event merchandise proceeds go to a local charity (currently TBD) - last year we handed a check for $23,356 to Muddy Paws Second Chance Rescue!
--- NEW for 2018 ---
- We're adding a big tire class to our "Not so much prep race" with 16 spots available! Email email@example.com with a photo and details on the car you're interested in entering - we only have 16 spots and will pick the cars that will be most competitive for a good show!
- DRONE POLICY - Last year there were too many drones in the air at one time making it dangerous for the number of people we have attending, and impossible for the event to record the footage we needed to at the right times. This year we are not allowing drone flights without prior approval. Approval will be considered for media publications only - requests can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
--- Show Schedule ---
6:00-9:00 - Vendor & Camping Move In
(Camping is free - $50 for electrical hookup (very limited spots)
Campers: Enter at drag strip entrance (West side of the property)
6:00-11:00 - Friday night grudge racing (standard weekly event)
**Friday night standard track admission prices apply for entry to spectators and campers
SATURDAY (Car Show & Not So Much Prep Race)
1:00 - Pre-Registered Gates
2:00 - Day of car show Gates
4:00-6:30 Car Show Judging
7:00 - Show ends - Prepare for racing on the drag strip
7:00 - Drivers Meeting for "NOT MUCH PREP" Race (under the tower)
8:00 - (Invite Only) "NOT MUCH PREP" Race Round 1
8:45 - Car Show Awards on the Drag Strip (after round 1)
11:00 - Shut Down
SUNDAY (Race Day) - See race details below for more info!
11:00 - RACER ONLY Gates Open for tech
11:00-1:20 - Tech Open ** You may pre-tech your car at a Friday Night test & tune if you bring your tech card for ICC **
12:00 - Spectator Gates Open
1:30 - Drag Racing & Roll Racers Drivers Meeting (in front of the tower)
1:50 - Roll Racers stage & enter roll race course
2:10 - Drag Racing qualifying & testing begins
*Before* 4:30 - Racers turn in their quickest time slip for class race - 2nd floor of tower
5:15ish - Drivers Meeting & Cruise for Class Racing
5:30ish - Class Racing Round 1
Continued testing & grudge racing between rounds
Around dusk - Burnout Contest
Awards to follow after Finals
Open drag racing if time allows
9-10:00 - Racing Ends
--- Sponsor & Vending Info ---
Many sponsor & vending packages available - e-mail email@example.com for info!
--- Saturday & Sunday Admission ---
Save $$$ - Pre-Register before July 1st: http://www.1320video.com/product/ice-cream-cruise-2018-pre-registration/
Questions/Issues with pre-registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day of admission = CASH ONLY
Spectator - $5/person each day (No re-entry allowed)
Car Show - $20/driver weekend wristband
Racer - $30/driver weekend wristband
Roll Race Only = $25/driver (includes car show entry Saturday)
Sunday only racer - $20/driver
Kids (12 & under) - Free
Admission is CASH ONLY at the gate - re-entry is only allowed for car show / racers with wristbands, spectators must pay to re-enter if they leave.
--- Pre-Registration @ Stereo West Auto Toys ---
Available soon at the 74th & Dodge location - We will make an announcement
--- Car Show Details ---
- - Over $2100 in cash prizes!!!
- - Top 50 awarded to our favorite top 50 cars, including our class winners.
---> BEST OF SHOW - $500
---> Best Import - $200
---> Best Domestic - $200
---> Best European - $200
---> Best Bike - $200
---> Best Truck / SUV - $200
---> Best Body Finish (Paint, Wrap, Dip, Patina) - $200
---> Best Engine Bay - $200
---> Highest Dyno Number - $200
--> Best of show cannot win a class award
- Awards for the car show will be after 1st round of the invite no-prep Saturday night, you will showcasing your car to the crowd! (We will let you know by approx 8:00 if you need to hang around)
- *Sponsor OWNED* cars not eligible for prizes (Customer cars parked in sponsor booths are eligible)
- VIP Section will be by invite only
- Your car must be parked in the car show (on the road course) during judging 4:00-6:30 to be considered for judging
- To increase your chances of winning, make sure your hood is popped and your windows are rolled down for judges to consider your car inside & out!
- **** JUDGES ARE NOT DRESSED DIFFERENT THAN SPECTATORS, THEY ARE ALSO NOT SCORING CARS ON PAPER, BY POINTS, OR ANYTHING FORMAL, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR JUDGES DURING THE DAY, YOU LIKELY WILL NOT SEE THEM COME BY ****
- Midwestspl Competition Details -
- Competition will be on Saturday located in the same area as 2017 (road course entrance)
- *NEW* Gates & Registration @ 11am - Qualifying @ 12pm to help finish competition earlier in the night (ONLY MWSPL competitors will be allowed to enter the track property before the car show gates open at 1:00pm)
- Only spectator admission is needed to enter the Ice Cream Cruise event - standard MWSPL rates apply as well
Schedule to be announced soon, we are pushing to start earlier so the competition can end earlier in the night!
Full details at: WWW.MidwestSPL.com
--- Ice Cream Cruise Shirts & Stickers ---
We will be selling Ice Cream Cruise merchandise again (found by the 1320Video booth) this year with all proceeds going to a local charity (announced soon)!
**Make sure to get yours early, these always sell out!
--- Misc Event Details / Rules ---
- DRONES: We love seeing as much media as possible from the show, but we are not allowing drone flights this year without prior approval - only media outlets will be considered this year, requests can be sent to email@example.com
- CAMPING will be available Friday & Saturday nights
--- LIMITED Electrical available at $50
--- Camper parking is located in the road course parking area on the south side, enter at the drag strip entrance and ask where camping is located
--- Friday night admission prices apply - racing all night 6-11pm!
--- Showers available in concession building on the road course side
--- Small, contained fires are allowed in camping area.
- We will have an ATM on the property but please come with cash for admission as they will be inside the track property
- Music & DJ entertainment proudly presented again this year by HighLucyNation & Pioneer
- Food & beverages - Will be available throughout the show all day, please stay hydrated! We're crossing our fingers for cooler weather this year!
- Advertising - Non-sponsor advertising is strictly prohibited (including branded tents)
- Pop-up tents - Strongly encouraged for shade, ALL tents MUST be secured well in case of wind to prevent damage to cars
- Pets on leashes are welcomed & encouraged!
- Motorized Vehicles - ATV's, RZR's, golf carts are only allowed for show staff due to the amount of foot traffic. (Strictly enforced)
- Pit Bikes, Scooters, Mopeds, Groms, (bike sized transportation or smaller) allowed, 5 MPH speed limit strictly enforced. We unfortunately cannot allow for groups (5+) of mini-bikes to cruise with the number of spectators walking the show.
- Cruising is prohibited unfortunately, vehicles on the road course must remain parked during the show for safety reasons.
- Racing is STRICTLY prohibited anywhere on the property - if you are found racing, you will be escorted off the property.
- Grills are not allowed at the show for safety reasons, there will be plenty of food vendors at the show to keep you fed!
--- Saturday Racing Details ---
Saturday's "Not Much Prep" race is an invite only exhibition where we will also present the car show awards from judging in the afternoon. We had some TIGHT competition last year, we highly recommend sticking around for this!
--- Sunday Racing Details ---
- Racer admission allows all cars to race in ALL racing activities (bikes on drag strip only):
- - - > 1/8 mile drag racing
- - - > Class racing for cars & bikes
- - - > Roll racing on the road course
- - - > BURNOUT CONTEST - Prize(s) TBD
*** Bikes are only allowed on drag strip for insurance purposes
- Drag Racing Classes & Payouts -
$0.00 entry fee - all racers who purchase tech cards are allowed to enter!
- - - > DOMINATOR Class (Top 16 Qualifiers - Pro Tree) - $1500 ($1200 to winner & $300 runner up)
- - - > CONTENDER Class (Second Fastest 16 Qualifiers - Pro Tree) - $750 ($500 to winner & $25 runner up)
- - - > SLOW POKE Class (Slowest 16 Qualifiers - Sportsman Tree) - $200 ($150 to winner & $50 to runner up + 1320Video merchandise)
Bike Classes - Details TBD
- Message Rpm Powersports if you are interested to se can gauge whether we offer it this year
--- Drag Class Rules ---
- Qualifying = .4 pro tree unless requesting sportsman
- All CAR class racers must complete a 5 lap cruise of the road course prior to first round. (Bikes do not)
- Between 2:10 - 4:30 make as many passes as you would like and turn in your quickest time slip to the 2nd floor of the tower. We will divide the quickest 48 cars into three 16 car classes and have one 16 bike field
- Each car/bike in each class will not be able to run quicker than .2 quicker than the quickest time slip turned in for that class (1st-16th quickest, 17th-32nd quickest, and quickest of the slowest 16 car class) - (The tree will drop at the same time for both)
- All cars & bikes must comply with track safety rules see details here: http://i29dragway.com/rules/basic-safety-rules/ (At a MINIMUM - Pants (not shorts), Good tires, a solid battery hold down, radiator overflow reservoir, functioning neutral-safety switch, seat belts, and a valid state driver's license or NHRA competition license, and typically a helmet (8.59 or quicker in the 1/8 mile) for all participants.)
--- Roll Race ---
Tech for roll racing
- Long pants
- Snell 2010 helmet
- Closed toed shoes
- Basic self tech
- Single layer fire jackets if you're running nitrous
--- Suggested Hotels ---
15 mi to RPM
Hampton Inn at Ameristar
2204 River Rd
Council Bluffs, IA 51501
15mi to RPM
Ameristar Casino Hotel
2200 River Rd
Council Bluffs, IA 51501
13mi to RPM
Hampton Inn Bellevue
3404 Samson Way
Bellevue, NE 68123
25mi to RPM - Located in center of Omaha
Comfort Inn & Suites
7007 Grover St
Omaha, NE 68106
402-934-4900 (ask for MAM / Rolling Thunder Rates)
30mi to RPM - Previous Host hotel (longest drive) - Located South-West side of Omaha
Courtyard Omaha LaVista
12560 Westport Pkwy
La Vista, NE 68128